Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
hp deskjet 3050A
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I Have an HP Deskjet 3050A.  I can print ok but the job in the queue doesn't finish correctly.  The queue says the job is still printing and  it seems to time out after 10 minutes and then the next print job prints. This repeats for all print jobs.  So if I try and print of 5 items of 1 page each, it can take over an hour to print as I have to wait for each print queue item to complete (or timeout) before the next print item.

If I print an item with 3 pages I get the entire print job in one print cycle and then have to wait 10 minutes for the next print job.

It is as though the printer never receives the end of print signal and only goes to the next print when it times out.

Any ideas anyone?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@john_pb, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

This seems like an issue with the printer driver. Let us try these steps:

Run HP Print and Scan Doctor to diagnose and fix any driver issue

Click here to download the file. Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and click on 'Fix printing'.

If the issue persists, proceed to the next step.

Clean reinstallation of Pre-installed HP drivers

1.  In Windows, search for and open Programs and features 
  2.  Select your HP Printer 
  3.  Select Uninstall 
  4.  In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers 
  5.  In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’ 
  6.  Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo. 
  7.  Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”) 
  8.  Click on the “Drivers” tab 
  9.  Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 
  10.  Select Ok 
  11.  Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows 
  12.  Close Devices and Printers, restart the computer.

Click here to download the HP Full-featured driver.

Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and follow the on-screen instructions.

​​​​​​​Try printing.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have done this a number of times and it is the same whether printing from a work laptop or a personal laptop and has been for a few months. it is just that now working from home for Covid it is noticeable. I don't think there needs to be a patch for the drivers?

HP Recommended

@Bexy1977

There are no firmware updates available for this model printer. 

If the issue persists, Install the printer using Windows built-in driver

Refer to this document to know how. Try printing.

Let me know how it goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.