Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Photo 7830
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

My HP ENVY Photo 7830 works fine, but as I saw there is a firmware update, I decided to apply it as it imay solve some issues I did not even realized.

I downloaded the firmware utility 2048B (as of january 21st 2021) and launched the process.

I eventually got a message stating that there was an error, and asking to restart the printer. On the printer screen was a "running wheel" and the word "Vérification" (which means "checking" in french - yes, by the way I am french so please excuse my english). There was also a cross on the lower left corner of the screen.

I waited a few  minutes but nothing changed. So I clicked the cross and returned to the main screen.

I unsuccessfully tried to launch the firmware update utility another time.

I noticed that during the process, the peripheral manager of my computer, shows that there are two "Firmware Update Device" drivers not correctly installed.

If anyone could help me, it would be appreciated. Thnak you.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@gl45

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Root level uninstall and reinstall printer drivers

• Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP ENVY printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
  • Then press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" and press enter.
  • Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
  • Again, go to run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.

To reinstall, click here.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thanks for your answer, but I'm sorry to say that nothing changed and the update failed.

As my printer works properly, I think I won't try to update the firmware.

Thanks again.

Regards.

HP Recommended

@gl45

Thank you for posting back.

Glad to hear that printer is working fine. 

If you still need additional technical assistance that can be better provided through one-on-one interaction or a remote session with our HP Support team if you would like to continue troubleshooting.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.