Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Printer
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I seem to have the photo try loaded correctly. (don't know how to check if it's incorrect)  I used to be able to print 4x6 photos on 4x6 photo paper but it ignores my 4x6 photo paper and prints on my 8x10 printer paper.  Everything looks as it should from what I can tell.  Please help.  Thanks  Lisa

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey There! @hsrmom, Welcome to HP forums!  

I understand you have issues printing 4x6 photos from your printer.

Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Have you tried printing using a different brand paper?

Have you tried printing from a different application?

Please provide the model name of the printer to assist you better.

Try few steps recommended below.

Right-click the photo that you want to print, and then click Print, or click Open with, click Windows Photo Viewer, and then click Print.
From the drop-down menus above the photo, select your printer, paper size, and print quality. For the Paper, type select HP Photo Papers and then click Options.
In the Print Settings window, click Printer Properties....
   NOTE:
Changing some settings makes them the default settings for all print jobs. You might need to manually change the some of the following settings if you change paper type or size, or if you are printing documents. Make sure to select the appropriate paper tray.
On the Paper/Quality tab, select Photo Tray or regular tray from the Paper Source drop-down menu, and then click Advanced.
In the Advanced Options window, select 10×15cm/4×6in. in the Paper Size drop-down menu, and then click OK.
In the Document Properties window, click OK.
In the Print Pictures window, click Print.

Refer this article to know more information about cannot print from photo tray.

Let me know how it goes! 
Have a wonderful day ahead! 🙂

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say "Thanks" for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hey There! @hsrmom, Welcome to HP forums!  

I understand you have issues printing 4x6 photos from your printer.

Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Have you tried printing using a different brand paper?

Have you tried printing from a different application?

Please provide the model name of the printer to assist you better.

Try few steps recommended below.

Right-click the photo that you want to print, and then click Print, or click Open with, click Windows Photo Viewer, and then click Print.
From the drop-down menus above the photo, select your printer, paper size, and print quality. For the Paper, type select HP Photo Papers and then click Options.
In the Print Settings window, click Printer Properties....
   NOTE:
Changing some settings makes them the default settings for all print jobs. You might need to manually change the some of the following settings if you change paper type or size, or if you are printing documents. Make sure to select the appropriate paper tray.
On the Paper/Quality tab, select Photo Tray or regular tray from the Paper Source drop-down menu, and then click Advanced.
In the Advanced Options window, select 10×15cm/4×6in. in the Paper Size drop-down menu, and then click OK.
In the Document Properties window, click OK.
In the Print Pictures window, click Print.

Refer this article to know more information about cannot print from photo tray.

Let me know how it goes! 
Have a wonderful day ahead! 🙂

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say "Thanks" for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi!  Thank you!!!!  I don't think I've ever known there was an option for Photo tray before.  I don't know how

I've printed pictures before unless the printer was just set on that.  But, it worked!!  funny though, the 1st time, the picture came out bad-real bad.  But, the 2nd try, it came out real good!   So, I'm assuming all is well now.  Thank you so much!

Lisa

HP Recommended

Hi! @hsrmom! You're welcome and thanks for your prompt response,

I am glad to hear that your issue got resolved.

If you have any queries in future related to any HP products, you can always reach out to us.

We will try our best to help you out.

Take care,

Have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Have tried ALL of your suggestions multiple times.  I continue to get message "Out of paper".

HP Recommended

I have exactly the same problem it’s any video I can’t watch and print the photos on the size 4x6 or the hp envy 5055 it doesn’t print this dimensions 4x6 I appreciate any help!!! Thank you 

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.