Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
ENVY 5020
Other
My HP ENVY 5020 has just gone out of warranty (July 15 2020) and is rarely used.  I've replaced its cartridges back in Sept 19 for genuine HP products but what I'm finding is that I can no longer print properly in black or colour.  All I have, even with the cleaning alignment pages is intermittent streaks. Colour is showing empty, but black has 50% remaining.

I've followed all of the steps online, with the virtual agent etc but can't complete them because it barely prints even those pages!  The only solution, I think is to replace the cartridges, but it seems quite expensive if I have to do that even when they're not empty.

Any help you can offer would be great.  Many thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

The ink has dried in the printheads, you will need to replace the black cartridge at least.

Inkjets need to be used at least every 5-7 days in order to keep printheads in working order.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.