Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When switching on HP Envy 6234 it boots so far as moving the scanner arm then stops and I get error message 0XC4EB8024. I don't think the print cartridge mechanism is moving (it is free and cartridges correctly installed) and can see several people have the same error message. I have tried all the stop, pull power lead, wait 60 secs, restart, pull ink cartridges, change plug socket etc etc to no avail. Is there a way of doing a full factory reset to try clear the error or should I be looking elsewhere in the printer? Thanks, Ian.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@IanBl27

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,

I understand you are getting this error on the printer screen.  A factory reset will not work in this case. For a factory reset to work, you will have to access the home screen of the printer. 

Let's try these steps to resolve the issue: 

1. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  2. Wait at least 60 seconds.
  3. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  4. Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
  5. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.

If this does not help, unplug the power cable and hold the power button down for 10-15 seconds and release it. Power on the printer and check.

If the issue persists, please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the service/replacement options for your printer. 

You may create a case on the website to obtain a case number if required. Kindly watch this video to know how.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Have a great day!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi - I solved the issue. None of the usual things noted on the forum worked so I took off the panel covering the main board to check cable connections etc. I checked by unplugging and re-plugging but no change.

I was about to give up when I realised that there was another cable (presumably for the head and drive assembly) hidden behind a cable. When I checked this was the only cable with a fixing clip, the clip was undone and the cable loose in the socket.
I put this cable in fully and locked the clip, rebooted and the printer now works correctly 👍

IanBl27_1-1638380856617.jpeg

HP Recommended

@IanBl27

Thank you for posting back. 

I am glad to know that you managed to resolve the issue. Please reach out again for any further assistance.

Have a nice day ahead.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.