Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy 6234 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Envy All-in-One printer will not print 6x4 photos, the paper either gets stuck or the message says paper not loaded correctly. This is so annoying as my last HP printer had the same problem. Everything else prints fine but the reason I bought this printer was to be able to print 6x4 photos. 

I am a keen photographer and I want to stick with HP printers for the ink replacement scheme but I am now considering another make if the whole 6x4 issue is resolved.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Sarah7610

Please try updating the printer's firmware - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware

Also, try cleaning the paper feed rollers. Refer to step#3 from this document

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Sarah7610, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Have you installed the HP Full-featured driver on the PC?

Run HP Print and Scan Doctor to diagnose and fix any driver issue

Click here to download the file. Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and click on 'Fix printing'.

If the issue persists, proceed to the next step.

Make sure the photo paper is properly loaded in the tray. Refer to this document to know how.

Adjust the paper width guides, once the tray is closed, you will see a prompt on the printer screen asking if you changed the paper type and size. Select theright paper type and size from the available options.

Once the photo paper is loaded, check the print settings.

Click here to know the printer settings on a Windows PC.

Try printing.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi and thanks for your reply. I have done everything you recommended and although my problem isn't resolved it has improved.

I have managed to print a few 6x4 photos but it has taken some time and a lot of swearing. After printing one picture the printer won't print another and says there is no paper. I pull out the paper tray, push the paper back in and put the tray back in. After this it will print another photo after a lot of mechanical noises. However, it also damages the photo paper and black ink marks have appeared on some of my photos.

I hope this can be fixed and thanks for your time,

Sarah

HP Recommended

Hi @Sarah7610

Please try updating the printer's firmware - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware

Also, try cleaning the paper feed rollers. Refer to step#3 from this document

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.