cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
rbuck5182
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Envy Photo 7858 Printer Offline

HP Recommended
HP Envy Photo 7858
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My printer regularly reflects "printer offline" status.  Printer Scan Doctor does no good.  Fixed yesterday by disconnecting power to restart printer and printer is offline again this morning.  What can be  done to fix the problem?

1 REPLY 1
cmangiag
6 3 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi sorry I'm not here to help you but because I've exactly same problem on a brand new Envy Pro 6430.

I did multiple times the "power reset" suggested in https://support.hp.com/ie-en/document/c06611176

It's not always immediately working and sometimes you have to do it a couple of times.

Sometimes the printer seems to be fully frozen and you have to disconnect the power cord to turn it off and then restart to have a proper shutdown. It seems to happen after some time (1 hour?) since the last printed page.

WiFi connection only, and a pretty strong one too and firmware is the latest available.

By the way sometimes you cannot shut down the printer because the switch button doesn't work. This could point to some intrinsic firmware issues rather than windows config.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation