cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
TamRob
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP Ink Jet 5525 says In Use when it's not.

HP Recommended
HP Ink Jet 5525
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Literally, every time I try to print, my Mac says Printer in use, when it's not.  This is the second printer Ink Jet 5255, that does the same thing.  HP charged me $25 to replace it, but new one does the same.  I've tried every thing they tell us to do, but every time I go to use my printer, it says "In Use", again.  I literally have to delete the printer from my Mac and reinstall every time I want to print.  I hate this printer and want to throw it out the window.  I'm now shopping for any other brand.  I've had it.

I have HP Smart, where I can not find Fix and Diagnose because none of my pages look like the one on the google search page.  When I try to reach support from HP Smart, the page won't open.  Starting to think HP is just ignoring us.  

I'm very disappointed in HP.

2 REPLIES 2
TEJ1602
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,899 18,877 1,558 1,541
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@TamRob, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

TamRob
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I found the repair in smart and it said problem could not be resolved without saying what the problem is. 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation