Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Ink Tank Wireless 415
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!
I am having problems with my HP Ink Tan Wireless 415 printer. When I try to print something, the print "starts printing" (the paper is "moved" down into the printer), it print's like 10% of the document INSANELY slowly, then it gets stuck, and after some time it fails. The other option that happens is that it won't even start printing and fails right after I press "print" button ("Couldn't print [filename]" error appears). "Error - Printing [filename] appears in Print Quee.

This only happens when I try to print something using Wireless Connection (everything works fine when using USB cable, or when I "scan & print" something directly in the printer without using PC, Scanning wirelessly works fine on every device).

(My wifi's encryption is WPA2-Personal.)

UPDATE:
Now, when I try to print something, it says in the printer menu that "it's printing", but the printer doesn't even move.

I have already:

• Unplugged and replugged the printer.
  • Checked if Wireless Function is turned on in the printer.
  • Installed and tested HP Printer Doctor (it didn't find / fix anything).
  • Reinstalled drivers for the printer (multiple times).
  • Put the printer to factory settings & reset Wireless Settings.
  • Setup wireless through HP Smart & through Printer's embed server wizzard.
  • Deactivated all antiviruses.
  • Printed Wireless Info Page (it says that it's connected to my wifi, and it's working).
  • Restarted printing service in Services.
  • Checked for drivers / printer's software updates.
  • Checked my internet speed (Download 38 mbps /// upload 50 mbps /// ping 18)
  • I tried to print from other devices (Windows 10, Windows 7, Android 6 and 7), but got same "could not print" result. However, when I used Linux, the printer worked perfectly, without a problem.

TopComp_0-1613056462044.png

I really hope there is a way how to fix this.
Thanks!

-Adam

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.