cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
Iwantoutnow
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

HP Instant Ink Issues

HP Recommended

How do I escape the trap called HP Instant Ink?  I run a nonprofit, and had no idea what I was getting into.  I am more dissapointed in HP than words can say.

I purchased this replacement printer a few months ago.  I never kept track of how many pages I print, including blank white pages, but HP sure does.  I get billed when I go over the number I guessed at when I signed up.  AND they send me box after box of ink that they say I need, when I have only changed one cartridge so far.

I cancelled this relationship several weeks ago, but it won't stop it until the end of the month.  I just received another love note saying that I have gone over my 300 copies, but DON'T WORRY...HP has my back and will only bill me $1.00 for every so many pages.  Oh, and I think they are sending me ANOTHER box of un-needed ink.  

I need to know how to turn this up abruptly and end the relationship immediately.  I am afraid that the only way to end the relationship is to throw this printer in the ditch.  (Yes, I am frustrated.  There is no way to do this online...I explored everything in the past 2 hours.)

7 REPLIES 7
Donal_M
Level 9
3,763 3,757 367 696
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Sorry to hear that the 300 page plan isn't working out for you.

After cancellation, the best way to avoid any further overage printing is to remove all instant ink cartridges from the printer and install store bought cartridges - this essentially returns the printer to a pre-instant ink state.

"
"Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
jasmemphis
Level 2
24 14 0 5
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I still do not understand why HP counts the number of pages I print. It's my paper so what does it matter how many pages I print?  At first I thought HP was buying paper for me.  Duh.  So what's the reason why the printer is keeping track of the pages and why am I charged for usage over whatever amount I said I use?

The printer prints pages just fine.   I don't know that I am in favor of being 'careful' of how many pages I use of my own paper.

What's up with that??

Jolene Smith

0 Kudos
Donal_M
Level 9
3,763 3,757 367 696
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Jolene,

If you;re an instnat ink customer then you selected a particular page plan for a particular price.  Inherent in that plan is the stated number of pages which you can print for the set price plan. If you exceed ths, there are the stated overages costs.

Th e reason HP counts the pages is because this is how your usage and billing is tracked. The counting also ensure that you do not run out of ink.

"

0 Kudos
jasmemphis
Level 2
24 14 0 5
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

well you know what?  -  i thought i was getting paper is why the pages were being counted.  i was flabbergasted when i had to go to the store for paper.

and -

i have gone to the store to buy ink also.  the black was running low and no word from HP ..  so ..  

I did not put it into the printer. 

very strange arrangement with HP, i think.  

jolene smith

0 Kudos
Donal_M
Level 9
3,763 3,757 367 696
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Paper is not included in the plan.

Please use the link below to login to your account and check if you have any black shipments pending.  Also check for any record of a welcome pack that should have been sent shortly after your enolled - you may have put it away for safe keeping.

If there's no sign of a shipment and you are out of ink, please use the link below to contact instant ink support and request new cartridges (logout of the account to see the contact details).

Use the country flag option to select your country support.

https://instantink.hpconnected.com/ie/en/r

"

0 Kudos
jasmemphis
Level 2
24 14 0 5
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

more than likely I used whatever paper came - and probably supposed that paper would continue to come.  

imagine my surprise ...

somehow having to pay a fee to use my own paper is an odd arrangement.   i'm trying to think of a similie without success.

thank you for your answers.  i don't know that i can applaud those answers as having solved the circumstance of my question.  i am in a bit of a rush to buy paper ..  that HP will subsequently charge me when I use the paper i paid for.

Regards  ~   Jolene Smith

0 Kudos
Donal_M
Level 9
3,763 3,757 367 696
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

To my knowledge, no instant ink plans ever involved the shippng of paper so you should never have received any.

Sorry to hear that you're disappointed with the instant ink offering.

"

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation