Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Laser Jet Pro MFP 479dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

You are not alone, HP is working on a solution, for now, they are replacing printers and toners but that's not a permanent fix.

HP should provide you with a new printer and complete set of 4 toners, you should not use old/used toners in a new printer.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Thanks for the information! If there is a general problem with the printer model, HP never communicated that to me. I'd be more than willing to bridge the time until there's a permanent fix. However, I'm in need of a working printer (home office) and would need a replacement within a short period of time if and when the event code occurs. I'm not a "power user", but rather print a moderate number of pages (a couple hundred pages a month) which, however, I do need at the right time. Do you have any informaton on the underlying cause of the issue and when and how a permanent solution will be available? 

HP Recommended

The HP made some changes, they are now replacing a DC controller board as a solution but in your case, it looks that solution isn't permanent.

You can try to contact the local HP office asking for a free upgrade to a better model or your money back. It could be months for the HP to find a permanent fix, it doesn't happen overnight.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

I have a MFP 479fdw model but it's almost the same device. I also get the event code 10.01.11 with the Cyan cartridge, all the cartridges are at least 90% full. But I'm unable to print any document. I wouldn't want to replace my cartridge which is almost full since it appears that the problem may arise again at anytime. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

-Noël
HP Recommended

I am trough this, too: Several repeated problems with cyan cartridge, repair by HP with exchange of motherboard and new cartridges - now the same again: Printer does not print any longer - even not in black. I will start a new ticket again....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.