Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Enterprise M553dn
macOS 12.0 Monterey

Hi everyone, I just purchased a used HP Color LaserJet Enterprise M553. Fully working apart from duplex wasn't functioning. Tested it myself and confirmed. Whilst trying to fix duplex printing, I removed the fuser to investigate (now realise I was looking in the wrong spot). When reinstalling the fuser I noticed the left clip was not latching like the right side was. I have tried jiggling and pushing with no luck at all. It appears to be in the right spot based on guides/slots that the fuser sits on underneath. But I am getting a fuser error 50.7F.00.

I hope I don't need to go out and purchase an expensive replacement fuser given it was working before whilst I tested it.

Hope someone could shed some light.

Kind regards,

Thomas

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

If it is not locking then either you have damaged the left lock on the fuser or in the cavity of the printer. If you had the fuser apart did you miss a spring on the left level? The left and right locks work identical so you can compare them and the slots in the top of the fuser cavity to see if they are the same.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for your response, the locks/springs on the fuser are perfectly functional. I believe the issue may well be in the cavity in the printer. How would I go about diagnosing/fixing this?

The issue from looking at other guides seems to be related to the printer not being able to determine the position of the fuser pressure release mechanism. Is this true for the M553?

Would this suggest then a faulty fuser? A fault with the wiring connector on the printer itself? And would these issues likely to be fixed by having it properly locked in would you suspect?

Sorry for lots of questions!

HP Recommended

Now getting a 50.7F.11 Fuser error? What does this mean exactly?

HP Recommended

Yes this error is related to fuser depressurization issues.

I do not know how far you disassembled the printer. If you disconnected cables from the DC controller it is possible that you did not seat them properly

Reconnect the connector (J79) of the fuser pressure release sensor and the connector (J115) on the DC controller PCA.

There are also diagnostics that you can run to test various sub components.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Ok, I simply removed the fuser unit and put it back into the printer and that's when I got the error which is mainly 50.7F.00 and once seen 50.7F.11. Is there any difference?.

I haven't taken apart the fuser at all. Is there any guide as to how to take apart the fuser to re seat the connectors as suggested?

Thanks for your help so far.

Thomas

HP Recommended

The connectors referenced in my post are not part of the fuser unit.

There is no real difference between the two errors. the changing digit shows sleep mode status when the error was generated.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response, I am not sure what I have done to cause the error whilst taking out and putting back in the fuser unit. I have ordered a new fuser unit and hope this shall fix the issue. But I am not confident. Is there anything else you suggest?

Kind regards,

Thomas

HP Recommended

I agree that removing the fuser only should not trigger this issue but having said that i have seen more than 1 component fail after being reseated for no good reason.

HP Recommended

Ok no worries, thanks for your help. I shall keep this open until I receive the new fuser and let you know of results. Hopefully positive!

Kind regards,

Thomas

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.