Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet 400 M401dne
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

Wondering if someone can please help me out.

My printer keeps cancelling the jobs on its own. Doesn't matter if it's a test page, pdf, application, etc. It goes to the print queue, the HP dialog notification shows "Printing", then goes to "cancelling" on its own. The print queue clears itself as if it printed.

Additional information: Printer is on the network where only 1 computer is using it for now. It is accessible via http as well.

The event log does show 10 entries but without dates and they are not being updated. 

Code: 413000   Page: 14294   Description: Unexpected Paper Size  (6 of these)

Code: 107000   Page: 40829   Description: blank

Code: 130000   Page: 34999    Description: Paper Jam (3 of these)

I have performed the following:

1. System restore to when the printer was working.

2. Uninstalled KB5000802 from Windows Update

3. Removed the printer driver from Printer Management and re-installed using the drivers from the website

4. UAC and IPV6 are disabled.

5. Restarted the Print Spooler service

6. Run Printer Properties as Administrator

7. Completely unplugged the printer (all cables) and plugged back in

Any help is much appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

try installing either the KB5001649 or KB5000842 update and reboot afterwards.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply Noelpg21.  I have installed both KBs but no luck.

I hooked up another computer onto the network and that one prints just fine.

On the problematic computer I have created a new profile and the same is happening.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.