Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro M225dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have done hours and hours of research on the problem.

I have tried all the solutions provided and whenever I get "Permanent Storage Initialization" to work the printer stays on for a while and then somehow goes back to being stuck on on the "Initializing Screen".  

This has been happening for months. I am using the lasted "firmware update" date code - "20210107"

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - Build code 20H2

I have tried:

1. Restore Defaults Option,

2. NVRAM Reset,

3. Advanced NVRAM Reset

4. Permanent Storage Initialization

5. New Genuine HP 83A Toner

Nothing seems to work. I have read where private messages about a factory rest method is being issued to individuals to try.

However, I rarely see the customer return to the forum to say whether or not the secret/private method works.

I am completely tired and completely frustrated with this product. 

Can you please offer a solution that works. It is obvious that the issue affecting this product is code/programming/firmware related. 

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

HP problems M225 stuck initializing

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Stuck_Initial, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand the printer is stuck and you are not able to use it. I appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve this issue by performing the necessary troubleshooting steps.

I'm afraid this seems to be a hardware failure. Please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the service/replacement options for your printer. 

You may create a case on the website to obtain a case number if required. Kindly watch this video to know how.

P.s: The private messages sent to other users contain the steps to perform an NVRAM reset. It will not work in this case, you have already tried it.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.