cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
Nakashianr
Level 1
8 5 0 1
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP Laserjet Pro MFP M225dn Printer Periodically Hangs Up - SOLVED

HP Recommended
HP Laserjet Pro MFP M225dn Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

For about four years now I notice that my printer periodically hangs up and requires power cycling the printer for it to work again. But recently, about 15 minutes after I had powered up the printer, I looked at the printer display to find the time just as my phone began to ring. About a half an hour later I went to print a document only to find the printer was hung up again. When I looked at the display I noticed that the clock was frozen at the time I had received my last phone call. So I disconnected the phone line from the printer and the printer hasn't hung up since. Apparently there is something wrong with the filter circuitry on the modem board that is suppose to suppress the conducted emissions from the 90V, 20 Hz ring signal on the phone line from reaching the printer computer circuitry. Four years was a long time to wait, but I'm calling this problem solved.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation