Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

A friend was using my eprint on my HP Envy 5530 to print out emails of donation receipts for tax purposes.  5 hours later my HP Envy spits out the HP Mimecast message about the following messages addressed to you are currently on hold.  After some research, We discovered that 2 emails we thought were in the group of pages retrieved from the printer missing.  He sent a new print email,  but no printout has appeared.  Maybe 5 hours later I'll receive another unhelpful Mime message to release, block, or permit with hyperlinks on the useless printout.  Why is this happening?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@racwoman, Welcome to the HP Support Community! I’m here to help.

I see that you have issues with HP ePrint. Apologies for the inconvenience caused. To assist you better, I need additional information.

• I've sent you a private message asking for the required info.
  • In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Hope this helps! Let me know how it goes. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

@racwoman, Welcome to the HP Support Community! I’m here to help.

I see that you have issues with HP ePrint. Apologies for the inconvenience caused. To assist you better, I need additional information.

• I've sent you a private message asking for the required info.
  • In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Hope this helps! Let me know how it goes. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I received the same, this is really spooky.  How do I release my email?

HP Recommended

Hi Kumar

I have the same issue on HP 4155e model. 
 I have the paper copy from the printer without the readable url to access and set Permit. 
I hope you can send me a similar private message for the solution. 
regards

Gen

HP Recommended

After our 2nd attempt at sending the email donation did not print and never received another unhelpful Mimecast alert; I solved my problem with the HP Mimecast by examining the email the refused to print.  Apparently the eprint printing was having a problem because the email had a PDF attachment as well as an embedded PDF image in the body of the donation email. I downloaded the PDF donation attachment and printed it with no problem.  

HP Recommended

The contact from HP rep Kumar came a day after I had solved my own problem   So I did not respond to the private message as it was unnecessary 

HP Recommended

What was the solution?    Having a solution sent to the original poster as a private message doesn't help others who are experiencing  the same problem.    

HP Recommended

I have the same problem please help

HP Recommended

Hi Gina,

I never received a solution from HP's Kumar.  I ended up solving my own eprint problem by discovering that the problem email donation had a PDF embedded in the body of the email, plus a PDF attached.  When it was sent through the second time to print in my HPEnvy , it didn't print out the wacky Mime message either.  I had my friend send me the original donation email where I found the attached PDF as well as the embedded PDF.  I downloaded the attached PDF and then wirelessly sent it to print successfully.

HP Recommended

All,

We are not really solving the root problem as I see it.

We need to be able to actually log in to resolve it (how ?) or find a way to never have the problem.

I agree in Gina's case it was easy to find the solution to one problem, but I have got a message (on paper) without a link that doesn't even allow me to release what I have sent myself.

I'd like to go back to the old system, or really appreciate a real HP MVP to tell us how to solve or disable this.  We have multiple printers at different locations !
Kind regards,
James

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.