Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 4650
macOS 10.14 Mojave

The printer used to print envelopes. When I select PRINT, everything seems to work. I hear the print head going back and forth, the envelope comes out blank. I changed programs, still nothing. This printer prints on plain paper just fine. If I load plain paper, the envelope prints, albeit on a plain piece of paper.

I even tried loading the envelope on top of the paper. The printer draws the envelope in, the print heads go back and forth at high quality speed (I have it set up for draft), and nothing prints.

HP OfficeJet 4650

• #10 envelope in printer tray

Mac Mini (2018) 3.6 Ghz Intel core i3, 8 GB DDR4

OpenOffice and LibreOffice both attempted

• Formatted for #10 envelope landscape

I suspect an automatic update to the printer has supplied a problem with the driver.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Hubster27,

I'd like to help!

To assist better - What applications are using to print envelopes?

Try the below steps-

Step 1: Load envelopes into the input tray

How you load envelopes depend on where the paper input tray is on your printer, and what type of printer you have.

CAUTION: 

To avoid jams or damage to the printer, do not print envelopes with clasps, windows, shiny surfaces, or coated linings. If you are printing with a LaserJet, do not use envelopes with self-stick adhesives or other synthetic materials that are susceptible to heat.

• Inkjet printers with a rear load tray: Front of the envelope facing up and the flap to the left

• Inkjet printers with a front load tray: Front of the envelope facing down and the flap to the left

Once loaded, slide in the paper width guides until they rest against the edges of the envelope.

Load envelopes into the rear load input tray

Load envelopes into front-load input tray

Loading envelopes into a rear load input tray

Loading envelopes into a front load input tray

Step 2: Print the envelope

The Contacts app includes settings to format and print envelopes. Contacts comes pre-installed with Mac computers.

NOTE: 

For other envelope and label printing options, see the Frequently asked questions in this document.

1. Search the Mac for contacts, and then click the Contacts app in the results.

2. Click the name of the contact you want to print on the envelope and make sure the address fields are filled out.

Contacts app

3. Click File, and then click Print. Click the Show Details button at the bottom of the dialog if it displays.

4. Click the Style menu, and then select Envelopes.

5. Click Layout, and then select your envelope size from Layout pop up menu.

Contacts app layout settings

6. To add, remove, or change the return address field, click Label, and then select or deselect the check box next to Print my address.

7. Click Orientation, and then select the landscape option.

Landscape orientation option in Print window

8. Click Print.

You may refer to-Printing Envelopes (Mac)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.