Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 8020 series

I just put all of this information in the fields above. I have an OfficeJet Pro 8020 series printer that stopped printing with an error code of: 71.02.4A

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hi @David7896,

I'd like to help!

Let's try a power reset on the printer

Reset the product

With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

Wait at least 60 seconds.

Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

Reconnect the power cord to the printer.

Turn the printer on. HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.

Also, try updating the printer's firmware -HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware  

If the issue persists, I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your printer

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

I have an HPOffice Jet Pro 8030 & Ive been receiving an Printer error event code : 71.02.4A.  Ive turned it on/off several times to no avail. How do I fix ?

HP Recommended

also tried a power reset and that didnt work!!

at the point of frustration , the printer is brand new!

HELP!!!!

HP Recommended

I have a HP Officejet Pro 8030 and have a error code of 71.02.4A..  I will not buy another wireless again.  Help me get back on track please.  Also now it can't find my internet,  Only had this for 8 months..ready to throw it out.

HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue. It would be nice if HP customer support would respond

HP Recommended

@Bigprint0816

If you have already performed all the troubleshooting steps mentioned by @Jay_G24, i suggest you contact HP Support in your region for service options

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ 
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device. 
4) Select the country from the drop-down. 
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have did a power reset. No software to download. The printer is only a few months old. What are my options? there is no reason I should have issues only 3 months into this product. Thanks! jrhoades@vascularaccessplus.com

HP Recommended

Having same issues as everyone else.  Event Code 71.02.4A

Tried KrazyToad's Link, received message below.  Husband tried calling and only went in circles on voice prompts. Getting tired

Oops!

We can't find that page, but here's the good news - we've got other ways to find what you need.

If you have already performed all the troubleshooting steps mentioned by @Jay_G24, i suggest you contact HP Support in your region for service options

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ 
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device. 
4) Select the country from the drop-down. 
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

HP Recommended

Your very funny because this keeps taking me in circles for customer support for HP and no one responds. It just sends me back to this thread. Virtual agents don't help. I have also tried calling customer support. Nothing helps. HP should replace these printers for free. I can't even find a way to get it repaired if there is a repair option. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.