Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for reading my post today. Any help would be very much appreciated to solve this problem that I am currently getting from this printer every day.

I do not want to factory reset my printer but to rectify the issue in a different way before doing so, if at all possible.

The printer which I own is a HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 and was bought in late 2016. Right now, it started flashing its lights and an error message was displayed saying "Printer Error - There is a problem with the printer. Turn the printer Off, then On." The picture of this explanation is also attached to this thread.

IMG-1066.jpg

I believe there isn't a solution to this problem as of yet and I wondered if its something to do with a software update or something to do with the internet connectivity that may be causing the printer to crash into a error state. It seems to be an issue with the firmware, but the warranty of this printer has expired and so I may have to buy a new one if there's no solution.

Again, any help would be very much appreciated. I look forward to seeing your responses.

Ben

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Benjamin123,

I'd like to help!

I understand you are receiving a printer error.

Please try the suggested steps to resolve the issue-

Let's try a power reset on the printer

Reset the product

• With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  • Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Wait at least 60 seconds.
  • Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
  • Reconnect the power cord to the printer.
  • Turn the printer on. HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.

Also, try updating the printer's firmware - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Please can any one help me. This issue still persists. I will be contacting HP Customer Services tomorrow morning.

HP Recommended

Hi @Benjamin123,

I'd like to help!

I understand you are receiving a printer error.

Please try the suggested steps to resolve the issue-

Let's try a power reset on the printer

Reset the product

• With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  • Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Wait at least 60 seconds.
  • Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
  • Reconnect the power cord to the printer.
  • Turn the printer on. HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.

Also, try updating the printer's firmware - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

I had the same issue. I did a factory reset and problem solved. Had to set up wifi and fax credentials again but all is good now.

HP Recommended

Hello Jay,

Thank you for your response.

I've tried following all the steps you have suggested me to do but unfortunately it did not work. However, I do have my printer plugged onto an extension lead and not in the wall outlet as you have suggested - so I may try this.

If at all else fails, I may unfortunately have to factory reset the printer and see if the issue resolves.

I will keep you posted.

Thanks,

Ben

HP Recommended

Factory reset solves the problem 

HP Recommended

UPDATE: Printer has now been reset back to factory settings and there is no sign of a printer error. I will now close this thread.

HP Recommended

I told you that would solve your problem. Glad to hear your success.

HP Recommended

This did NOT solve the problem. PLEASE REPLY WITH ACTUAL FIX OR TELL ME WHO TO CALL. THis is ridiculous to have to reboot my printer 5 times/day. THank you in advance.

HP Recommended

I just tried this factory reset and will see what happens.  Today is Friday the 13th, so it could get weird.....   

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.