Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 9015

This morning my OJ9015 updated to firmware MANHTNPP1N002.2135A.00.  Following the update, the "please enroll in HP instant ink" message appeared on the printer screen,  with an "OK" button to dismiss it.  The "OK" button made a clicking sound when I touch it, but would not dismiss the message.  I decided to enroll in HPII, and completed that enrollment, including getting my printer ID from the web UI.  I'm now enrolled and the HPII website says all is well. . . but the "please enroll" message is replaced by a "this printer has been enrolled in HPII" message, which I also can't dismiss.

Have tried reboots, clicking the OK button 100 times, etc . . . still can't get the message dismissed.  I work in tech and am familiar with troubleshooting methods.  I'm trying to avoid a full factory reset, but if anyone has had success addressing this very problem using factory reset then I'll consider it.  I'm not going to use the shotgun as a flashlight because no one knows what else to do.

The printer will print, but I can't access any interactive functions (such as scan-to-folder, which I use a lot). 

Has anyone else seen this?  Does HP test their firmware before they push it to us?  Sounds like after this gets fixed it's time for me to turn OFF auto-update.

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

Hi @fullofregret,

I'd like to help!

Please send us a private message with your Instant Ink account details or you may also respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. 

Let me know. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hey there- did you find a solution to this?  I have the exact same issue. I can't seem to get rid of the message "You are now enrolled in HP INstant Ink" which has rendered the printer useless for the last 3 days!  

thanks for any help you can provide!

HP Recommended

Hi @yogi9026,

I'd like to help!

I understand the printer is stuck on"You are now enrolled in HP Instant Ink" error.

Try the below suggestions -

Reset the product

• With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  • Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Wait at least 60 seconds.
  • Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
  • Reconnect the power cord to the printer.
  • Turn the printer on. HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.

Also, try updating the printer's firmware -HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware  

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

Just got this fixed by super tech. I was his second today so quick fix: 

just open ink compartment and then shut to door. Clears stuck screen and reverts to Home Screen after nearly 10 days frozen. 

other techs gave me the runaround abt a software fix that never happens. 

Good luck

HP Recommended

I am glad the issue is resolved.

If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us.

Have a great day ahead!

Please click “Accepted Solution” on my public post if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

Hi, I am having the exact same issue and your suggested steps did not help.

HP Recommended

Same here - can't get the "Your printer is now enrolled" message to clear despite hard cycling and the previously mentioned door trick...  

Any help (like a fully tested firmware update - looking at you HP SW Engineering) would be appreciated. 

HP Recommended

open the paper drawer the press the home button, the hp ink message will come up again , however the ok button will hopefully now work!

HP Recommended

Thank you Gary! This is the only thing that worked for me after days of trying everything else!! 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.