Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 9019
macOS 10.15 Catalina

So just bought this expensive printer to replace my much loved 8620 who's printhead was damaged. Figured it was simply easier to buy a new printer than buy a out of date second hand printhead for the same price.

Set it all up and started printing to find you have designed the new models with a short output tray so the paper doesnt collect flat but instead curls up and falls off the tray. Terrible, terrible design for an expensive printer with business functions. 

Is there an alternative output tray I can get for this printer otherwise I will need to return it and get an Epson or a Cannon alternative.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@dblack14, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

There is no option for an alternate tray. However, the printed papers from the output tray do not fall off as there is a stopper attached to the output tray.

I assume you have not pulled out the extender that holds the paper.

For better understanding, you may watch this video on YouTube. Skip to duration 8.50

Note: This video is not from HP but from a third-party channel and applies to Officejet 9019.

Kindly refer to this document to know how to load papers in the input tray - Loading Paper, Envelopes, Cards.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello @Kumar0307 , 

Yes if course I have extended the tray! The older HP range comfortably took an A4 sheet flat and therefore did an excellent job off collating printed documents. The new range has a shorted output tray for presumably aesthetic purposes only because HP wanted to reduce the form factor and decided this was a suitable compromise. For a home printer with limited home usage this is probably ok.  Its not ideal to have your documented slide up a stopper and curl and you will need to have a completely level surface.

For a top end price wise printer with functions suitable for small businesses, its a disappointing design choice and had I known about it I would have bought a different brand. I seen several thread across different forum spaces making similar complaints. Its a shame there isn't an option to get a replacement output tray just an inch longer. I don't want my documents to curl up and flop over the edge and when printing large documents this isn't ideal. 

It will probably be my last HP printer based on the design flaw and the feedback i received from HP support on this.

HP Recommended

@dblack14

I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-To-Send-A-Private-Messa...

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.