Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet5258
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi. Bought this to replace my beloved Canon when it died. Took days to get it up and running using my brand new hp laptop. Now it will print double sided but I can't get it to scan or copy double sided. When I try to copy I switch it to double sided and it sounds like it's going to work but then spits out a blank back. Any ideas? Or did I just waste my money on a printer that's not going to do what I need it to? I blame corona causing every printer to be sold out now and I had to get what I could find at Costco. Thank you the any suggestions!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@JerseyMom88 

You are right on both counts - the Pandemic has strained the supply chains - items like high-grade printers are  harder to get, for example.

and

This printer does not appear to handle two-sided scanning (bummer - many mid-range printers do not do so, in fact).

This printer does appear to handle two-sided Copy (how-to check / set later).

Product Specifications for the HP OfficeJet 5258 All-in-One Printer (M2U84A)

If the printer is on the network, try using the Embedded Web Server (EWS) to check / adjust the Copy Defaults

If two sided copy is actually an option on the printer, you can adjust the settings to accommodate it.

Open your favorite browser > type / enter Printer IP address into URL / Address bar

Tab Copy > Settings > Default SettingsCopy Defaults (wording can vary)

EWS_9025_Copy_Defaults_2EWS_9025_Copy_Defaults_2

References

How to Scan (Windows)

How to Make Copies

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP OfficeJet 5258 All-in-One Printer 

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Answered? Click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.