cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Level 1
11 7 0 2
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP Officejet 3830 loses wifi connection

HP Recommended
HP Officejet 3830
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have had problems with this printer continually with the wifi printing.  NOT the wifi direct but being able to print to the printer over my wifi network.

There was a previous issue I put in with HP and left it at setting a Manual/Static IP address.

I have done this and the printer still has issues.

---

No other devices that use our wifi have a problem.

I have a separate wireless access point (Ruckus 7372) connected to my router that has 2.4g and 5g capabilities.

I have only had problems on the wifi with this printer.

---

The printer has the latest updates and previously when it had the issue it seemed to have problems after the latest update.  We didn't have the printer long before it received the latest update (about a year ago) so I cannot say how well it would have worked without the update.

---

So, currently, I have a static IP on the printer.

It has the latest updates.

When it has this issue, I can print to it over wifi after tapping the wifi icon, clicking the gear/settings icon, turning wifi off, then turning wifi back on.

It will then print whatever was being printed to it.

The issue is it will then not be detectable on the network again, can be as quick as a few minutes (I haven't timed it - just a close guess).

When I have been able to get into the Web GUI for a short time before losing connection and the Power Management Energy Save mode only allows 5, 10, or 15 minutes.  I have it set to 15 minutes and it loses connection before that.

Auto Off is grayed out and shows it is hard set at 2 hours.

I can ping the printer and the ping reply rate in ms is erratic.  Average ping time last time I tested was 65ms before I lost connection to the printer.

Please let me know if this is fixable, even if there is some hack or if a sleep timer is kicking in, etc.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation