Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 4630
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have this printer since a long time and never had problems with it ... until two days ago.

The printer is connected to my desktop with an USB cable and is also connected to the wi-fi.

My desktop is also connected to the wi-fi with a network interface adapter.

I also have a Windows10 laptop, connected wireless.

When I send a job from my desktop or from my laptop to the printer, even a test page, the job remains in the spooler and the print does not come out.  Every job remains in C:\Windows\System32\Spool\PRINTERS  and must be canceled manually.

If I print a test page from the printer, I have no problem: the printer works perfectly.

If I send a job from my smartphone I have no problem: the job comes out perfectly.

The problem is ONLY when I try to print something from a Windows10 pc.

I have tried to remove and reinstall the printer and the software at least 10 times ... but no way.

So I think that this may be related to a Windows problem.

Is there anyone who can help me? I'm going crazy...

Thanks in advance!!

Luisa

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@LuisaSB

Welcome to the HP support community.

Use HP Print and Scan Doctor to fix the issue.

Download HP Print and Scan Doctor.

1. Run HPPSdr.exe from the download location on your computer.

2. Once HP Print and Scan Doctor opens, click Start, and then select your printer.

• If your printer is not in the list, turn it off and on, and then click Retry.

• If there is a connection problem, follow the instructions in HP Print and Scan Doctor.

3. If a screen prompts you to turn on printer updates, click Yes.

4. If a screen prompts you to make your printer the default printer, click Yes.

5. Try to print.

You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Unfortunately HP Print and Scan Doctor can't fix the issue.

As I wrote in my first message,  I have already removed and reinstalled the printer drivers and the software at least 10 times ... I I have also followed all the steps suggested in https://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/document/c02205477 (the document you linked in your reply)  but there is no way to print from my desktop.

Actually, to print something I use my smartphone: if it's a file, I save it in Google Drive and then use HP Smart to print from my smartphone. If it's a mail, I can print it directly from the GMail app.

This is inexplicable and unconceivable.

If you can find a trick to solve this problem I will greatly appreciate it.

Luisa 

HP Recommended

@LuisaSB I recommend you delete the driver at the root level and retry, follow the steps below: 

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features 

2.) Select your HP Printer 

3.) Select Uninstall 

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers 

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose `Delete' or `Remove Device' 

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo. 

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between "printui.exe" and "/s") 

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab 

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 

10.) Select Ok 

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows 

12.) Close Devices and Printers 

Then, Click here to access the HP website, find the drivers compatible with your windows and install it.

If the issue persists, please go ahead and install the windows built-in drivers: 

If a full feature driver from HP is not available for your printer, you must install the built-in print driver. A full feature driver for one or more Windows versions is not available for your printer, either from the CD that shipped with your printer or from the HP website.

NOTE:

Where is the download button? The HP print driver is built into the Windows operating system or is installed through the Windows Update feature on your computer. You do not need to download anything from a website in order to print, scan, or fax.

See the Frequently asked questions in this document for additional information, including how to scan using this driver.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: Click here

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No way. I have followed all the steps at least 3 times (uninstall the printer and the software and install them again) and there is no way to print something from my desktop.

I have also uninstalled Avast Premium Security, thinking that the stuck was due to it, then have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer software again but ... I still can't print.

I send a job to the printer (i.e. from an application such as Adobe Acrobat, or Word, or Google Mail, or even Notepad...), the printer receives the job but it remains in the spool and does not come out from the printer.
Then I always have to cancel it manually: I stop the spooler service, I cancel the .tmp job from \System32\spool\PRINTERS   folder and I restart the spooler service. I have this .bat file to automate it... 

net stop spooler
   del /q /f /s "%systemroot%\System32\Spool\Printers\*.*"
   net start spooler

Anyway, as the printer works perfectly if I send a job from my Android mobile phone with HpSmart, I believe that the reason of this malfunction is due to something in Windows 10 that doesn't work anymore. 

If you have a rough idea of what this could be, please tell me.

Otherwise, I will keep using HpSmart because I can't go crazy.

Thanks again

Luisa

HP Recommended

@LuisaSB

This might require remote access to the computer to fix the issue.

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I regret, but I cannot go on to step 4...

1. I have clicked on this link  https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true 
  2. After having selected  "Italy" from the popup window I have been directed to this page https://support.hp.com/it-it/contact-hp  
  3. I have entered the serial number of my printer.

After step 3 (enter the serial number of your device)  I have been directed to this page https://support.hp.com/it-it/contact-hp/product/hp-officejet-4630-e-all-in-one-printer-series/530504... where I don't see any possibility to click on "Show Options" or filling a web-form.
I have also tried to change the country and select United States, but nothing changes (https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp/product/hp-officejet-4630-e-all-in-one-printer-series/530504...) .
Probably the remote help works only for products under warranty.

Regards

Luisa

HP Recommended

@LuisaSB

I am sending you a private message with the steps to talk to HP support. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.