Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 4652
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP laptop and an HP printer and they won't work together. I join all the other posts that are screaming, "**bleep**!?!"

When I print a document the printer prints it. WHILE it is printing the SCANNER works, and even shows a preview confirming it. But as soon as the printing is finished the connection gets lost and the scanner stops working.

I downloaded and reinstalled the FULL feature software LOCALLY. I rebooted my WiFi router and printer. I shut down and restarted my laptop. I've done everything suggested in the "Help" (what an oxymoron) sections and the HP Troubleshooter.

Can anyone help me??

Soooo frustrated I'm going to become an ANTI-HP advertisement!!!! 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @JStenbeck,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are unable to scan from the control panel of your HP OfficeJet 4652 All-in-One Printer.

This issue could occur if the scan settings are not configured properly.

Let's go through a few steps that may help to fix this issue.

And here are a few steps for you in the link: Network Scanner Connection Error (Windows)

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

This answer was USELESS and wasted even more of my time. I am returning the printer and buying one from Canon or anouther company. Why do you sell equipment that DOESN'T WORK!?!

HP Recommended

In Windows 10 you should be able to scan using the Windows accessory(Windows fax and Scan)

Go to Windows accessories. Select Windows fax and scan.  Select new scan. Next you will be asked

to select the device. Select the correct device and press ok. Next a dialog box will appear asking you 

to choose the profile, source, color format and file type and resolution. then press scan.

After you scan you will be able to save your image to the destination folder of your choice.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.