cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
Terriann1
5 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

HP Officejet 7612 Wide Format e-All-in-One gone faulty

HP Recommended
HP Officejet 7612 Wide Format
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Officejet 7612 Wide Format e-All-in-One gone faulty. Print function no longer available, only fax

I've had it about 2 months, and it was working fine, but now suddenly it has lost its print function and instead tries to fax??? I don't even have a land line phone, so I can't understand how the printer has got its self confused. The option to print has vanished from options. 

Also, it seems impossible to get hold of HP for any support. Last time I tried, a month ago, was  because my £30 cash back never arrived, I hunted for days, and no way at all to contact HP, so eventually in desperation I started trolling the HP FaceBook page, every post of theirs, several times every day, begging for assitence, and that eventually worked. Someone finally contacted me and helped me solve my problem. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rb011
Retired
Retired
2,702 384 191 247
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Terriann1,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support Forums for a solution to your printing issue.

I understand that you are using an HP Officejet 7612 Wide Format e-All-in-One Printer with a Windows 10 computer and when you try to print, the computer thinks you are trying to fax. I would like to help.

I would start by download and running the HP Print and Scan Doctor to check the installed printer software. This tool can diagnose and fix many printing and printer software issues.

As far as contacting HP Tech Support by phone goes, when you  go to the website and go to support, you may need to create a case by filling in some blanks before the contact phone number becomes available. I also found this web page that might have some useful contact information for your area - Phone Assist Worldwide.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

In fact, if this helps you to reach a solution please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons down below in this message. 🙂

Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
1 REPLY 1
rb011
Retired
Retired
2,702 384 191 247
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Terriann1,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support Forums for a solution to your printing issue.

I understand that you are using an HP Officejet 7612 Wide Format e-All-in-One Printer with a Windows 10 computer and when you try to print, the computer thinks you are trying to fax. I would like to help.

I would start by download and running the HP Print and Scan Doctor to check the installed printer software. This tool can diagnose and fix many printing and printer software issues.

As far as contacting HP Tech Support by phone goes, when you  go to the website and go to support, you may need to create a case by filling in some blanks before the contact phone number becomes available. I also found this web page that might have some useful contact information for your area - Phone Assist Worldwide.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

In fact, if this helps you to reach a solution please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons down below in this message. 🙂

Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation