Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hi, I revently purchased a Samsung Galaxy A20 phone and tried to print from said phone, I was prompted to setup wireless printing, I don't use wireless printing I print from the network  but I said "whats the harm" didn't realize I was using Samsung print service as I forgot to install the HP print service. I tried to print the document and the printer icon on select printer dropdown menu was flashing (appearing and disappearing) I should have known something was wrong but I printed anyway. Printer received the print job started making the getting ready to print sounds. Then it stopped and gave me printer error nothing else. It was working fine minutes earlier I had printed from my Win10 pc and my other phone. I tried a reset with the ink cart removal trick but the reset stopped at calibrating and the ink removal no longer works.

Please help me find out what the heck is going on.

Thanks in advance to any and all who try to assist me.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

The ink removal reset trick no longer works not ink removal. Sorry if that confused anyone

HP Recommended

Hi @Jetsfan,

I'd like to help!

Try the below suggestions

Check for obstructions in the carriage path

Clear obstructions from the carriage area inside the printer.

1. With the printer on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

2. Open the door to access the carriage inside of the printer.

3. Look in the carriage path for debris such as crumpled paper or dislodged labels, and then remove any that you find.

Obstruction inside the printer

4. Use your hand to move the carriage to each side, making sure it moves freely. If the carriage is stalled or docked to one side of the printer and you cannot move it, continue with these steps.

Moving the carriage from side to side

5. Close the carriage access door.

6. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer, and then turn the printer on.

If the error persists, continue to the next step.

Reset the printer

Reset the printer to recover from printer failures.

1. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.

2. Unplug the power cord from the power source.

3. Wait 60 seconds.

4. Reconnect the power cord to a wall outlet and to the printer.

NOTE: 

HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

First let me say thank you for responding and trying to resolve this issue. 

I have tried everything thing you suggested many times before. I went ahead and tried them again anyway but alas same result. I connected to PC today via USB (it is usually connected via patch cable) and printer is now showing on my pc (it wasn't before after I tried to setup wireless and got "printer error" on printer screen) but when I went to print got "printer error occurred" on pc, which was expected. Now when I try to power off printer I'm getting a new message on the printer "Initialization and Calibration in progress do not turn printer off or disconnect from power until process is complete" then back to "printer error" on printer screen. Also it's not doing any initialization or calibration (just so know) and printer will not power off via power button. 

HP Recommended

This is a hardware issue, I’d recommend you contact HP Phone Support in your region further for assistance.

Follow the instructions below to reach them:

1) Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device. 

4) Select the country from the drop-down. 

5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 

6)Fill the web-form and proceed further.

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.