Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 9015e
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

New printer (less than 1 week of use).  When my printer goes to sleep (set to 15 minute delay) it won't wake up.  I've tried printing to it and I've tried pressing power button.  No response.  I have to unplug printer, let it sit 10 seconds, plug it back in to wake it up.

I've set a manual IP address.

Latest firmware verified.

Standard TCP_IP port configured for printer interface, and port selected in printer properties.

Printer Model - 9015e

Complete and Detailed Problem Description including all network devices-

Operating System of computer (including service pack revision) - Windows 10

Connection Method - hard wired network connection via hub/switch

Error messages - on printer screen and/or computer, any blinking light patterns? - printer touch screen is dark

Do you think the printer is going to sleep and can’t wake up? - yes

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

None of those help.  I finally un-installed printer at laptop, powered down laptop and printer, powered both back up and re-installed printer on laptop.  Changed port from WSD to manual IP address Standard TCP IP port and connection resolved.  This can be closed.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @JohnM357,

I'd like to help!

Try the below suggestions -

Use HP Print and Scan Doctor (Windows)

Use HP Print and Scan Doctor on your Windows computer to help diagnose and fix printing and scanning issues.

1. Make sure paper is loaded in the main tray, and then turn on the printer.

2. Download HP Print and Scan Doctor, and then follow the prompts to install and open the tool.

3. On the welcome screen, click Start to select your printer and run the diagnostic.

4. If your printer is not found, click My product is not listed, and then follow the instructions troubleshoot the connection.

Set the default printer

Set your printer as default on your Windows 10 computer to make sure print and scan jobs use the correct printer.

1. In Windows, search for and open Printers & scanners.

2. Make sure the box next to Let Windows manage my default printer is not checked.

3. From the list of printers, click your printer name, and then click Manage. If there are multiple printer names that match yours, select the printer that is idle or online.

Clicking Manage to manage printer preferences

4. Under Manage your device, click Set as default.

Setting the selected printer as default in Windows

Check Windows Function Discovery services

If your printer uses a WSD port, make sure Function Discovery services start automatically and are currently running.

1. In Windows, search for and open Control Panel, and then click View devices and printers.

2. Right-click your printer, select Printer Properties, and then click the Ports tab.

3. Look for a WSD port in the list.

• If there is no WSD port, do not continue with these steps. Print a Network Configuration page, and then create a manual IP connection in the printer EWS and add a Standard TCP/IP printer port in Windows.

• If there is a WSD port, make sure the check box is selected, and then continue with these steps.

Example of a WSD Port option in the printer ports with the check box selected

4. In Windows, search for and open Services.

5. Find Function Discovery Provider Host and Function Discovery Resource Publication in the list.

6. For both, make sure the Status is Running and Startup Type is Automatic.

Making sure the Function Discovery services are running and automatic

7. If one or both items has a Manual Startup Type or is not running, right-click the item, select Properties, change the Startup Type to Automatic, click Apply, click Start, and then click OK.

8. Close the Services window.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

None of those help.  I finally un-installed printer at laptop, powered down laptop and printer, powered both back up and re-installed printer on laptop.  Changed port from WSD to manual IP address Standard TCP IP port and connection resolved.  This can be closed.

HP Recommended

That's great!

I am glad the issue is resolved.

If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us.

Have a great day ahead!

Please click “Accepted Solution” on my public post if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

I wold like to find a manual I can download for my OfficeJet 9015e.  How can you help me?

HP Recommended

I think you replied to my ticket about a printer not waking up - but that is not the best place to ask for help on finding manuals.

I think you need to open a new topic / question in a different area than printing errors and stuck print jobs.  You may get better help.  I did Google a bit, and found this.  That may be helpful.  If it's useful, please hit thumbs up below.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-9010e-all-in-one-printer-series/38023430/model...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.