Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8610 (PRINT HEAD ISSUE)
macOS 10.15 Catalina

MY BEAUTIFUL Officejet Pro 8610 WENT DOWN IN THE SAME FASHION AFTER RECEIVING MY NEW SET OF REPLACEMENT CARTRIDGES FROM MY HP INK SUBSCRIPTION WHICH IVE BEEN SUBSCRIBED TO FOR OVER 5 YEARS. I TRIED ALL THE TIPS. I TRIED EVERY TROUBLESHOOT TECHNIQUE. I TALK TO AN HP ROBOT AGENT TO SEE IF THERE IS ANYTHING I CAN DO. I TRIED TO CONTACT AND CONNECT WITH A REAL AGENT BUT WAS VERY UNSUCCESSFUL. I WAS ABOUT TO BUY A NEW PRINTHEAD FROM AMAZON AS WAS SUGGESTED BY HP IF ALL ELSE FAILS FOR ABOUT $180 USD. THANKFULLY BUT STILL WITH A HEAVY HEART FOR THOSE WHO WASTED THEIR HARD EARNED $'S ON THE NEW PRINT HEAD, I DIDN'T BUY THE NEW PRINT HEAD BECAUSE EVERYONE SAID AFTER RECEIVING AND INSTALLING THE NEW PRINT HEAD THE SAME ISSUE STILL PERSISTED. ITS A SHAME.

MY 8610 PRO LOOKS LIKE NEW AND I WAS SO HAPPY WITH EVERYTHING ABOUT IT. BUT I GUESS HAVING A PRINTER KEEP ON PERFORMING IS NOT A GOOD THING FOR THE COMPANY BUSINESS MODEL. IF THAT HAPPENS AND IM NOT BUYING A NEW $500+ PRINTER THEN NO REVENUE IS GENERATED. 

ALSO AMAZING IS THAT IN THE HP SPARE PARTS STORE THEY DO NOT OFFER THE PRINT HEAD WHICH IS STRANGE AND ONE MUST RESORT TO A THIRD PARTY SELLER. 

I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO AT THE MOMENT ESPECIALLY READING MR. MARC38'S POST.

THIS ON TOP OF EVERYTHING ELSE GOING ON IN OUR WORLD AND TIME DEFINITELY ADDS TO THE OVERWHELMING UNCERTAINTY OF EVERYTHING.

I HOPE THERE IS A RESOLVE FOR ALL MEMBERS FACING ISSUES SUCH AS THIS AND THE LIKE. I LEAVE THE DISCUSSION OPEN AND LOOK FORWARD TO ANY IDEAS OF GOOD STEPS TO TAKE THAT WOULD BE BENEFICIAL FOR ALL OF US AND NOT SO HEAVY ON OUR WALLETS.

THANK YOU ALL AND I WISH EVERYONE THE BEST  

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

@JWBASQUIAT333, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Printer 8600 stopped with Windows update.  But after this going to Amazon for new printer. NOT AN HP  But appreciate comments.

HP Recommended

I have the same issue accept my printer is a 8620 rather than an 8610.  It is difficult when it looks like the problem cannot be resolved.  I was looking for an e-mail address that I could submit the problem, but couldn't find an address.  I also was having troubles trying to download drivers from the computer as was identified in one of the help screens.

HP Recommended

I have the same exact issue with my 8610

Had the same dead end result with the virtual assistance

Thrilled to know not to buy the replacement cartridge....but disappointed HP doesnt help or assign local repair services. Probably would cost more than getting a new printer.... 😞

Mine is ditto in exceptional condition - well maintained

Even If I buy a new one, my good ink cartridges are worthless. 

THANKS SO MUCH FOR POSTING THIS.  While not an answer...it is sort of and you (vs HP) saved me hours of time and $$n tracking this down.

HP Recommended

This happened to me as well. I get the message that there is a problem with my printer or ink system. I too get my ink delivered directly fro HP.  My question is this:  is it cheaper to buy another one or try to get it fixed?  

HP Recommended

Please help here as well - Just replaced the 3 color cartridges and having issues with print. Only the color elements print, the black & white does not. Printer head cleaned via settings / maintenance.

thank you!

HP Recommended

Same problem with my HP OfficeJet Pro8710 and of course, the warranty has expired. I am not impressed. I paid more for this machine because I assumed more expensive was better. Obviously not. It did not last as long as my less expensive printers did. Like you, I tried EVERYTHING suggested on the website, including updating the firmware. 

HP Recommended

No difference which cartridges you get - I use HP's "Instant Ink" service and still got the error message.

HP Recommended

Not much help here, just same complaint.  I Love my printer and now it says Print Head error. I've tried it all and even went through my geek squad account. They basically said its fried and I need a new one...Very unhappy.  Otherwise the printer is in perfect condition. I've always taken great care with it.  

I was considering trying to replace the print head myself until I saw this blog. Thank you so much for the post. I can't afford to waste any more money. It might even boil down to going without a printer. I'm just not sure its worth the money and trouble just to have another one last no more than 5 or so years.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.