Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I had the same problem with my HP Officejet Pro 8610. I also tried all of the prompts and sought help from the virtual agent as well as a live person. Nothing worked so I bought a new HP Color Laser printer, rather than try to repair the old one. Now I want to recycle the old printer , but I am concerned about disposing of it without removing the documents that I have printed over the years. The instructions said that I should return the printer to the factory default setting before throwing it away or recycling it. My problem is that the screen is stuck on the message that said there was a printer head failure. How can I return the printer to the factory default setting if I can't use the display screen? Is there a way to clear the memory without using the display screen?

HP Recommended

Did they ever fix your issue? Having the same issue now 

HP Recommended

Yeah, join the club. Love the printer so to have it fail in this manner and not be able to purchase the key part that HP designed to be USER REPLACEABLE is extremely disappointing. I can't even find out what the 0xC19A0040 error code means given the text message on the printer panel gives three reasons: missing, not connected, not installed. Well, mine IS installed so it is not missing so I guess there is a connectivity issue. This implies we need need a new printhead circuit board or to perhaps clean the contacts but there is no help from HP on this.

It doesn't make economic sense to me for HP to abandon us like this. After all, we are willing to purchase the part at a reasonable price (not double the original cost of the printer like the parts on Amazon) and of course to continue to buy the ink. By abandoning us HP is forgoing both revenue streams and of course some (most) of us are now reluctant to purchase a new HP printer knowing it too is likely to fail in 5 years and to also be abandoned by HP. The printer was clearly built to have a longer life span beyond the printhead itself. I bought mine in April 2015 and it failed June 2020 and I see other folks believe HP is forcing these printers to fail after 5 years. I am not normally a conspiracy believer but you have to wonder. While I was researching my problem I came across what I think may be a class action lawsuit in the US dealing, I think, with this "planned obsolescence" issue but I don't know if the lawsuit went anywhere. Unfortunately I no longer have that link so this is from memory. I am fairly sure I mentioned this lawsuit in another post in this forum but there is no reference to it there now so perhaps I didn't include it or the moderator removed it.

I absolutely must get a working printer soon and I am at the point where I need to start comparing other vendors with similar options and print quality.

HP Recommended

@Harryp2

Welcome to the HP support community.

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same identical issue. Like you, my printer looks brand new.. I have not used in over two years. You can't reach anyone at HP. Like you, I tried everything that was suggested, to no avail. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER HP PROCDUCT EVER! I'M SURPRISED MY ALL IN ONE TOCHSCREEN DESKTOP IS STILL PERFORMING.   DONE WITH HP. THEY SUCK!

HP Recommended

I have the same identical issue. Like you, my printer looks brand new.. I have not used in over two years. You can't reach anyone at HP. Like you, I tried everything that was suggested, to no avail. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER HP PROCDUCT EVER! I'M SURPRISED MY ALL IN ONE TOCHSCREEN DESKTOP IS STILL PERFORMING.   DONE WITH HP. THEY SUCK!

HP Recommended

Did NEA3 ever get a response to resetting to factory defaults? I will want to do that before I toss mine out since I need to clear the document waiting to print and reset the wifi network settings. My printer also has the printhead failure message overlaying the screen so you can't access the menus.

BTW, you can't even use the scan-to-computer function which doesn't use the printhead; once you get the 0xc19a0040 error message overlaying the printer's menu you are toast, no functions work and you can't access any menu items.

HP Recommended

I am trying to respond to an HP employee with the details they were asking for but I get a message that I have reached the limit of the number of private messages I can send and to wait and try again later. OK, so how long do I wait and why would the number of allowed private messages be so low; I think I previously sent 2 or 3 private messages in response to my original issue. I haven't sent any private messages in at least 3 days.

Also, I am getting an error that there is invalid HTML in my response but that this was removed by your system and I should review and send the message. I don't see any HTML in my response but it keeps telling me there was and that it has removed it. After a number of attempts to reply it tells me I have reached the private response limit. Any idea what is going wrong here??

I copied the list of questions from the HP employee and pasted that into my response. I assume there was HTML in that copied text (why if is not allowed??). So I retyped everything manually and still hit the maximum private messages error. Forgive my but was someone asked to design a system to annoy your customers?

Well, after the above paragraph, I repasted my response from a text file I created in Notepad and this time it accepted the text; no private message maximum limit encountered. You may want to inform users NOT to copy and paste your questions from this service because this will pick up invisible HTML that the system can't accept. The system reports that it removed HTML it detected but since I simply clicked the REPLY button (since my text was OK) and got the same error, something is broken there.  It appears each failed attempt to reply was counted as a new private message even though to me it looked like the message was not sent. Also let people know what the time limit is for creating private messages because on the face of it the error is too vague.

HP Recommended

HP.JPG

Please help.

I have done all the diagnostics tried to clean the head and still not working. We have hardly used this machine it now only scans no photocopy or printing.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.