Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8610
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

It appears that my HP Officejet Pro 8610 had it's regionalization set to accept z20 ink cartridges at some point. I found out unfortunately, when I received my brand new cartridges purchased from Amazon, that are z10, appear to be incompatible. I know this is an issues, because my old z20 cartridges work fine.

I've contacted HP Support by phone (800-474-6836) and the first tried to do the regionalization reset, however the printer rejected the request. I don't know if it matters, but we were trying on a Mac running OSX10.6.  I called again from my windows PC, but the next agent said that since they had already tried, I would have to get a new printer.

This is extremely frustrating. The printer seems to work fine. I don't want to buy another one and find myself stuck like this in a few years. 

Just for kicks, I saved the reset numbers and tried from my windows PC; the boxes lit up red when I entered them and again, the request is rejected.

I'm hopeful someone on here can either help escalate my case, or tell me if the answer is truly to give up, since I'm getting nowhere with phone support.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @ivanthemeh

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @ivanthemeh

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.