Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
officejet3830
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My printer works perfectly from my PC and an Ipad, but not from my Windows 10 Laptop. HP PrintandScandoctor says no problem! I think there's an 'invisible' document in the print queue in the laptop because if I try to print a a single page document a box momentarily appears saying "Printing 10 of 10" before disappearing and and then saying "printing 1 of 1" - but then it hangs with the error message Attention Required. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the HP mart app, and the printer to no avail. Any help would be much appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I had the same problem a few days ago. Rebooted my laptop and the printer and it cleared

HP Recommended

Hi Khailyn, thanks for that.

I have tried that before to no avail, but just did it again. Strangely, although I clear the print queue via the printing menu, when I go to printers via settings the document is still listed in the queue. Even if I clear it from there, when I try a test print the same error message comes up.

Since I can print successfully from other devices it seems the problem is with my laptop. As I say, I have uninstalled the pprinter and reinstalled with no success ☹️

Thanks again. The search continues!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.