Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP 4500 Series Photosmart
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Printer will not print entire document.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@trish45,

If you are able to print from all other programs with no problems. Then we can narrow it down to the site you are using. 

Are you able to download and save the document or statement to your computer and then try and print it? 

I suggest checking out the banking site and seeing if they have a troubleshooting section that may offer some help. 

Thanks again, 

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hello @tridh45,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! Smiley Happy I understand you are not able to print an entire document to your HP Photosmart 4500. To better help you please leave me with the following information:

1. What Exact model of HP 4500 are you using as there are a few in the series?

2. How is the printer connected, USB or Wireless?

3. Do you get any error message when you attempt to print?

Click here to download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor > www.hp.com/go/tools- It was designed by HP to provide users with the troubleshooting and problem solving features needed to resolve many common problems experienced with HP print and scan products connected to Windows-based computers.

Please let me know what the PSDR finds. I look forward to hearing from you.

If you wish to say thanks for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs up" to give me a "Kudos".

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thank you for your response. The model number is Q8401A (I think).

Wireless connection.

No error message is displayed.

PSDR "Everything checks ok"

Hoping you can help 

HP Recommended

@trish45,

Thank you for the quick reply! If you make a Copy does this print or does only half the document print?

If you are able to make a Copy, then let's go ahead and update the software and drivers. Get started below:

Please try Disabling your firewall and perform a clean boot. Now follow the steps below:

1. Unplug the USB if using a direct connection.

2. Remove the HP PS C4580 software from your computers Control Panel's Uninstall a program option.

3. Restart the computer.

4. Make sure all the PS C4580 software is gone from the programs list as well as your HP folder listed under the All programs in your Start Menu.

5. Now go ahead and download the software and drivers for your PS PS C4580 (DO NOT plug in USB until the software prompts you to):

HP Photosmart C4500 All-in-One Printer series Full Feature Software and Driver

6. Go ahead and print a test page.

7. If you are unable to print a test page, please run the HP Print and Scan Doctor > www.hp.com/go/tools

-- It was designed by HP to provide users with the troubleshooting and problem solving features needed to resolve many common problems experienced with HP print and scan products connected to Windows-based computers.

Did this help?

Let me know the outcome. If this resolves the issue please let others know by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".  To simply say thanks, click the "Thumbs up" below!  🙂  If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. 

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Sorry but how is a "clean boot" done?

HP Recommended

Just to be clearer by not printing the entire document I mean it does not print all the pages.

Printer doescopy the entire page.

HP Recommended

@trish45,

Thank you for the clarification. Does this happen in all programs or only a certain one? If this happens in all programs, I suggest uninstalling and reinstalling software. 

Because it makes copies we know it is not the hardware.

I hope that helped?

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Happens when trying to print bank statements.

Unable to complete your suggestion tonight but tomorrow I will uninstall and reinstall the printer software and let you know if that works.

Thanks a lot for your help and I will get back to you!

HP Recommended

Reinstall of printer software completed. Still not printing the first page of a bank statement. BUT, if I go to a different bank site and print that statement it prints all pages.

Possible banking site issue?

HP Recommended

@trish45,

If you are able to print from all other programs with no problems. Then we can narrow it down to the site you are using. 

Are you able to download and save the document or statement to your computer and then try and print it? 

I suggest checking out the banking site and seeing if they have a troubleshooting section that may offer some help. 

Thanks again, 

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.