Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 5520

I replaced all the ink cartridges in my HP Photosmart 5520 with new, genuine HP cartridges.  The diagnostic page prints fine.  Nothing else will copy or print.  Shoots out blank pages.  Tried removing the cartridges and putting them back in.  Tried cleaning the print heads.  Again, diagnostic page prints, cartridge status indicates full, but nothing will copy and nothing prints.  Only shoots out blank pages. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended
Hi, Please try to copy something in black first, check if that prints. then try a color copy and check if that prints. sometimes maybe black cartridge goes bad and it wont print anything when you try to print in black. so if you try to print in color and black you will be able to isolate the issue. and if it prints color and not in black only then please refer to this doc. https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-photosmart-5520-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5157533/document...
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.