Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I cannot uninstall this software. I tried all the solutions already given to no avail. I tried reinstalling the software hoping it would then uninstall. Didn't work.

I get this error message first: InstallCustomActions: dlFxAPI.dll is not installed.

Then I get this message:  InstallCustomActions: CopyPortMonitorFiles:3=Copy(Src: C:\Program Files\HP\HP Photosmart 7520 series\Bin\\HPDiscoPMBC11.dll Dst:C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPDiscoPMBC11.dll)

I checked those directories and all I have under C:\Program Files\HP\HP Photosmart 7520 series\Bin\ are these files:

HP CustPartic, HPCarticU1, HPCustPartUi.dll (these are most likely from my new HP Envy 6055 I installed today>

There is no C:\WiNDOWs\System32\HPDiscoPMBC11.dll.

I even tried to see if running Windows 10 update would solve the missing file problem. Windows was up to date and was not a solution. There has to be a way to get this software I no longer need uninstalled from my laptop. Even thried the MMC, HP Photosmart 7520 printer didn't show up in the list of my printers. Only showed up in the Printers Drivers, deleted the HP Photosmart 7520 drivers did nada. Same problem reoccurred. Before doing that, I dried ShlomiL suggestions, problem still exists. 

I just want to get this HP Photosmart 7520 software uninstalled from my Sony Vaio laptop. I no longer need it as my HP Photosmart no longer picks up paper and is not worth repairing. Only it scans works, can't copy as can't print the page due to roller malfunction.

It's why I bought the new printer. I only needed the HP Photosmart 7520 as it's connected to my wireless network, so the HP Envy 6055 could finish its installation process.

Help! I have spent hours to solve this problem of not being able to uninstall the HP Photosmart series Basic Device Software to no avail. Any suggestions welcome. Thank you in advance. I am just going to scrap a few parts and my unused ink from my HP Photosmart 7520. I just want that software uninstalled ASAP.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try uninstalling the software by following the Microsoft Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter and check for any difference then:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/mats/program_install_and_uninstall

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try uninstalling the software by following the Microsoft Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter and check for any difference then:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/mats/program_install_and_uninstall

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Worked beautifully. Thank you for sharing that Microsoft Program Install and Uninstall Program Troubleshooter. I downloaded it and extracted the file and ran it. It fixed the problem and uninstalled the program as well. That was so much easier than all the other options I researched and tried that didn't work. Thank you so much!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.