cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
NickvdLee
Author
Level 1
6 5 1 1
Message 11 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have found the issue that was causing the printer not to see the router SSID.

The wireless channel was on channel 12 for the 2.4 GHz frequency. While I was looking around I found this Nintedo Support Page. Point six makes a mention about these channels with respect to the same problems I was experiencing with the printer. 

By changing our channel number to channel number 3 we were able to see the wireless network.

This is a bit wierd because I thought the printer had a full b/g/n specification but apparently not?

Anyway thanks for your support.

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
AndyLocima
1 1 0 0
Message 12 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for posting this.  This has been driving me up the wall since i first had the Photosmart 7520. 

I think you're right, looks like HP couldn't be bothered to test to see if their kit was actually 802.11 compliant.  

I was up on Ch. 13, moved down to 3 and it started working fine.

Shamus01
1 1 0 0
Message 13 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had the same issue HP7520 kept dropping Wifi conenction or SSID would not be seen at all. I have a Netgear AC9000 NightHawk and the 2.4Ghz wasset to Auto. So assume it was using channel 12.  I manually change to Channel 3. All is working now.  This been driving me nuts for weeks.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation