Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Photosmart C1380
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi !
Sorry for my english but i gonna give my best.

I have one HP Photosmart C1380 printer and running windows 10 64 bits.

I just use original ink cartridge from HP .

I use the printer one time per day for 1 page only and after that i turn off the printer for the rest of the day.

The problem is: sometimes the printer say's that the ink level of the black cartridge is empty and not let me print but i know is not empty because the ink cartridge just printed like 8 pages since i did buy the ink cartridge.
If i turn off the printer and turn on the printer multiple times the printer recognize the ink cartridge and say that is still some ink on the cartridge (i did not change nothing, is the same ink cartridge  i just power cycle the printer)

Sometimes the printer just say that the new ink cartridge is amost empty but i just open the new ink cartridge and put on the printer soo is impossible to be almost empty because is a new ink cartridge.

Is possible that the printer need to be like factory reset to clean something on the memory ? How do i do that ?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

The problem also happens just using the printer and not connected to the computer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.