Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Elitebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I´ve recently changed my notebook and my Internet service provider, thus loosing my connection with my previous HP deskjet 2540 printer via wi-fi.

I have an Elitebook with Windows 10 64-bit. I run windows printer finder, but it fails to detect my printer.

How can I get my wireless connection back.

Apart from my computer, I used to connect my Iphone X to the printer as well. However, after changing my Internet service provider I am unable to connect my Iphone to the printer as well.

How do I connect the printer to my home wireless network?

Looking forward to your reply.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@msilva79,

Thank you for reaching out to the HP Support community!

Let's try these steps to connect the printer to the network:

First, let's perform a printer network reset to erase the previous network configuration on the printer.

• On the printer control panel, press and hold the Wireless button and cancel button together for 3-5 seconds and release the buttons
  • This restores the printer's networks settings

Note: The Printer that you have is compatible with the 2.4GHz network only.

If you have a 5GHz network or if you have a dual-band router with the same name for the 2.4GHz and the 5Ghz networks, then it may not connect.

If you have a dual-band router, please ensure the 2.4GHz and the 5Ghz network names are different

Now to connect the printer to the network

• Make sure your PC is connected to the correct WiFi network
  • From your Windows, go to https://123.hp.com/in/en/
  • Enter the printer model number or name and click on search
  • Click on 'Get the App'
  • Download and install the app from Microsoft Store
  • Install the HP Smart App
  • Launch the app once the installation is complete
  • Click on 'Get Started'
  • Click on add printer
  • The printer would show up on the screen with the status as 'Ready for Set up', click on the printer
  • Click continue
  • The following screen would show the printer and the network name, enter the network password and click on continue
  • Follow the on-screen instructions and complete the set-up
  • The printer if successfully connected would have a solid blue light for the wireless.
    • To print the network configuration page, press and hold the Wireless button and 'i 'information button until the printer starts printing.
  • Try to print from your Windows

Now check if your iPhone is connected to the same network as the printer

Try to print from your iPhone.

Let me know if this information helps. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “KudosThumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping.

ATHARVA_GP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@msilva79,

Thank you for reaching out to the HP Support community!

Let's try these steps to connect the printer to the network:

First, let's perform a printer network reset to erase the previous network configuration on the printer.

• On the printer control panel, press and hold the Wireless button and cancel button together for 3-5 seconds and release the buttons
  • This restores the printer's networks settings

Note: The Printer that you have is compatible with the 2.4GHz network only.

If you have a 5GHz network or if you have a dual-band router with the same name for the 2.4GHz and the 5Ghz networks, then it may not connect.

If you have a dual-band router, please ensure the 2.4GHz and the 5Ghz network names are different

Now to connect the printer to the network

• Make sure your PC is connected to the correct WiFi network
  • From your Windows, go to https://123.hp.com/in/en/
  • Enter the printer model number or name and click on search
  • Click on 'Get the App'
  • Download and install the app from Microsoft Store
  • Install the HP Smart App
  • Launch the app once the installation is complete
  • Click on 'Get Started'
  • Click on add printer
  • The printer would show up on the screen with the status as 'Ready for Set up', click on the printer
  • Click continue
  • The following screen would show the printer and the network name, enter the network password and click on continue
  • Follow the on-screen instructions and complete the set-up
  • The printer if successfully connected would have a solid blue light for the wireless.
    • To print the network configuration page, press and hold the Wireless button and 'i 'information button until the printer starts printing.
  • Try to print from your Windows

Now check if your iPhone is connected to the same network as the printer

Try to print from your iPhone.

Let me know if this information helps. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “KudosThumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping.

ATHARVA_GP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your support Atharva_gp.

The instructions you've provided were simple and effective. Everything works just fine.

I want to particularly thank you for your tip regarding dual-band router, which I have. Haven´t you given me that tip I would be "swimming in the deep ocean" without solving my problem!

Great work!

HP Recommended

@msilva79

Happy to hear that. If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us.

Have a great day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.