cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Note for common printer problems
Customers receiving the"will damage your computer" message along with others like "unable to access cups/tmp" or "'@%' cannot be opened" need to update their version of the macOS. Please check this article for more information: HP Printers - A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing (macOS) .
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

HP deskjet ink advantage 5575 not printing color

HP Recommended
HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 5570 All-in-One Printer series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP deskjet ink advantage 5575 printer that after thelast printer updat ehas stopped printing color form the pc, other methods like Google cloud print or printing from the phone are working perfectly. I have tried reinstalling the driver and reseting the printer but nothing changed.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,360 12,338 1,169 2,479
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Good day. Thanks for posting your query in the HP community. I will be delighted to assist you. Your great efforts and immense patience are amply appreciated. Kudos to there.

• When you speak of a printer update, was it on the computer that this update happened?
  • Did you run HP print and scan doctor and check again?
  • Did you try printing in color from multiple apps?
  • Did you try printing multiple documents in color?

For now, try these steps:

Now check if the issue gets resolved. If it continues, tun HP print and scan doctor by following instructions from this link:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02073861  and check if the issue gets fixed.

• If it continues try printing from multiple apps like MS Word or Adobe Reader in color to isolate the issue.
  • Try printing multiple documents in color.
  • If it with one specific app, update the app to its latest version or uninstall and reinstall the app to its latest version.

If the issue persists, then uninstall and reinstall the printer drivers at the root level by following these steps:

• First, unplug the USB cable from the printer, if present.
  • Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Photosmart printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
  • Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.
  • Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
  • Again, go to the Run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to the Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
  • Restart your computer.

Then download the latest full feature driver from https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-deskjet-ink-advantage-5570-all-in-one-...   and install it on the computer after selecting the correct operating system.

Connect the printer to your computer only when the setup prompts for the printer.

This should fix the issue.

If it still continues, then install the windows built-in drivers by following directions from this link: http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01796879

This should fix the issue.

Good luck and keep me posted about the developments. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue and give the post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Thank you and have a great week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The printer update happend directly on the printer through WIFI, not on the PC. I ran the HP print and scan doctor multiple times without succes. The only place I'm not able to print in color is the PC through the printer driver, no matter the app, but from any other place like the phone or Google Cloud Print worked as it should. I tried connecting the printer through the usb cable but the issue persisted, I restarted the PC, printer and router, reinstalled the driver but no effect. The printer is dicovered by the PC through usb and WIFI but is able to print only black and white.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
26,041 26,027 1,725 2,378
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Cristi16ph,

I am responding on behalf of @DavidSMP as he is out for the day. It is great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

I recommend you create a new user account on the computer following the steps in the below article and then install the printer and check whether the issue is resolved.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4026923/windows-10-create-a-local-user-or-administrator-acc...

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I just tried printing a color Word document and a PDF document from a new user account from my pc and also from a friend's pc, the issue persisited, all the documents printed only in black and white.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
24,137 24,025 1,333 1,418
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Cristi16ph

I see that you were interacting with @The_Fossette. I'd like to help.

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

Update the printer firmware

Refer this HP document for the steps to update the printer firmware:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

If this helps, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I just tried both methods, updating directly from the printer and downloading the firmware from HP website, and they both returned the same result, that the firmware was already up to date.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
24,137 24,025 1,333 1,418
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Cristi16ph

Thanks for writing back to us.

I am sending you a private message. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation