Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 5575
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I purchased an HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 5575 printer and used it for years with great satisfaction. Now I changed my old Notebook to DELL Inspiron 5482 and I refreshed the operating system to the latest update (Win10 Home 1909 build 18363.592). I installed the printer driver and tried to print a color page but it printed only in black and white. I tried it from another notebook with older installation (Win10 Home 1903 build 18362.535) and it is working fine.

Which is very surprising that there is no color option settings in the printer driver after the new installation. This part of the control panel is simply missing. I upload here the two printer control panel where you can see the difference between the two printer driver setup options. How it is possible that the color setup options is missing on one of the two separate installation of the printer driver?

The printer control panel on the old machine where you can see the color optionThe printer control panel on the old machine where you can see the color optionThe printer control panel on the new installation where the color option is missingThe printer control panel on the new installation where the color option is missing

I tried several methods to correct the problem but nothing changed:

• I did run HP print and scan doctor and check again,
  • I tried printing in color from multiple apps,
  • I tried printing multiple documents in color,
  • I reinstalled the driver at the root level,
  • I removed the device on the “Devices and printer” section of Control panel.
  • I ran "printui.exe /s" and under “print server properties” I removed the corresponding drivers to the printer.
  • I cleaned “c:/programdata” Hewlett Packard folder and I remove any printer related folders & files.
  • I tried to install the driver from another user with admin priviledges.
  • I restarted the computer several times after these tries.

The printer firmware is up to date.

The issue persists and I do not have any clue how can I solve this issue.

Could you help me with a working solution?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello,

Kindly check if there are any Windows Update pending on your PC.

If yes, install the updates and restart the PC. 

Now try printing. If issue still persists, i'd suggest you to uninstall the existing printer software and restart the PC.

https://support.hp.com/us-en 

Meanwhile you may try using HP SMART APP to print and scan. Use the below URL.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04675142 

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
HP Recommended

Hi Jabzi,

Thanks for your time as you try to help me.

I'm all the time seeking for new updates, so my machine is using the latest patches.

I tried to un/reinstall the driver several times. Nothing happened.

I'm one of the fans of HP SMART App. This is a very good software for scanning p. ex. But I do not want to include a new sw between the editing app and the printer. Besides of that the HP SMART App is using the same engine for printing, so the result is the same: b&w picture.

As I see there are a lot of thread here in this forum regarding this issue. Most of them are unsolved.

Regards, Zsolt

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.