Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 2515
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 2515 series printer bought a relative from the Middle East. Unfortunately, I've run out of ink and I don't know where to buy the cartridges. Is there a way by which I can substitute the required cartridge to a cartridge available in our country? I've heard it's possible to use HP 678 instead but I'm afraid it's not gonna work. Appreciate your help. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Indeed, HP 678 ink cartridges should be used with your printer in the Asia Pacific.

However, be aware that once getting the correct cartridges, you must contact HP Support in the Philippines to reset the printer first, so it will accept the local ink cartridges from now on:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-Knowledge-Base/HP-Printer-purchased-in-a-different-country-ne...

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Indeed, HP 678 ink cartridges should be used with your printer in the Asia Pacific.

However, be aware that once getting the correct cartridges, you must contact HP Support in the Philippines to reset the printer first, so it will accept the local ink cartridges from now on:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-Knowledge-Base/HP-Printer-purchased-in-a-different-country-ne...

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi! I have just finished communicating with the hp support through FB messenger. We performed a regional reset and I was notified that the device reset succeeded. However, when I installed the new cartridges (678), I still got the 'ink incompatible' message. I then tried to install my old cartridge (650) and it was still recognizable that's why I'm wondering if the region reset was really successful. I can no longer use the 650 since the cartridges are empty and I think the nozzles have already been dried up. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.