cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
raycal1967
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP3015x Printer Vertical Lines

HP Recommended
HP P3015x Laser Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, 

I have an issue with my HP 3015x Laser printer. 

It will print a series of vertical lines on the paper, please see photo for a sample. 

What could be this issue here? 

Some points I have read on this forum include he following:

IMG_1848.jpg

Check toner contacts- cleaned and OK. 

I would look more towards the high voltage board or the contacts going from that board to toner cartridge.
Random weirdness- sounds like a voltage issue to me too. Suspect parts would be-
Engine-control unit (ECU)
DC controller
Low-voltage power supply
High-voltage power supply
Laser Write Unit.

swap out the printer power cord and network cable as well- i have seen power cables go bad and network cables with kinks in them cause some crazy things.
  • the problem could also be with the laser write unit, HVPS- or one of the boards responsible for image formation.

Thank you

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation