Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP4515
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Ok, really stupid but dont want to damage the tray, the paper tray extender is very stiff and I am unsure how to close without doing damage. I know it has to go to the left but feels rigid?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Laptatony

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 4515 printer and its paper tray extender is very stiff and does not close. I'd like to assist you with this case.

Ideally, the paper tray extender should work smoothly. It shows in the page nos. 25-17 how to use the extender: http://hp.care/2icuKuX.

• Open the paper tray door.

• Grasp the door, and then pull it toward you to extend the paper tray.

• Slide the paper width guides to their outermost positions.

Figure: Prepare the paper tray

• Extend the paper tray

• Slide the paper width guides to their outermost positions

• Load a stack of U.S. letter or A4 plain, white paper into the tray with the short edge facing toward the printer and the print side down. Push the stack into the tray until it stops.

Figure: Load the paper into the tray

Image: Load the paper into the tray.
  • Slide the paper width guides in until they rest against the edges of the paper, and then slide the paper tray back into the printer until it stops.

Figure: Close the paper tray

• Slide the paper width guides in

• Slide the tray back into the printer

• Pull the paper tray extender toward you, and then lift up the end.

Figure: Pull the paper tray extender toward you, and then lift up the end

Image: Pull the paper tray extender toward you, and then lift up the end.

If the extender is still not working the way it is supposed to then I suggest you to contact HP phone support explore the hardware service options. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions. Cheers! 🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Laptatony

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 4515 printer and its paper tray extender is very stiff and does not close. I'd like to assist you with this case.

Ideally, the paper tray extender should work smoothly. It shows in the page nos. 25-17 how to use the extender: http://hp.care/2icuKuX.

• Open the paper tray door.

• Grasp the door, and then pull it toward you to extend the paper tray.

• Slide the paper width guides to their outermost positions.

Figure: Prepare the paper tray

• Extend the paper tray

• Slide the paper width guides to their outermost positions

• Load a stack of U.S. letter or A4 plain, white paper into the tray with the short edge facing toward the printer and the print side down. Push the stack into the tray until it stops.

Figure: Load the paper into the tray

Image: Load the paper into the tray.
  • Slide the paper width guides in until they rest against the edges of the paper, and then slide the paper tray back into the printer until it stops.

Figure: Close the paper tray

• Slide the paper width guides in

• Slide the tray back into the printer

• Pull the paper tray extender toward you, and then lift up the end.

Figure: Pull the paper tray extender toward you, and then lift up the end

Image: Pull the paper tray extender toward you, and then lift up the end.

If the extender is still not working the way it is supposed to then I suggest you to contact HP phone support explore the hardware service options. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions. Cheers! 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.