Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 7740
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

Owned HP Officejet Pro 7740 for a good couple of years and now have a daily 'blue screen of death' on the display with the code B82F6434. Appears that the HP Support Assistant cannot identify the error and HP's Print & scan Doctor cannot detect the printer due to the error. Has anybody experienced this issue and is there a resolution?

TIA.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Unplug the Printer and then bring it back and solves the issue, but obviously not the root cause to solve the problem. Please help!

HP Recommended

I have the same issue.

Somebody knows what it means as they programmed the printer to display this screen

HP Recommended

Have been unplugging at least twice a day! Find it really infuriating that hp has not provided any info in what the root cause is and how to fix! Thank you for the suggestion.

HP Recommended

Got the same issue! Bloody annoying for the price of the printer!

HP Recommended

i have the same problem. Every day the blue screen. After i had deactivate the google cloud print service in the setup, the error never comes. at least until now.... hope this is helpful for you

HP Recommended

I also have this same problem and your right.  There is no reason someone at an engineering level can't look at the code and tell us what the possible causes for this error is, but HP tech support is almost nonexistent anymore.  It is impossible to get more than a worthless virtual assistant online.  For decades I have been loyal to HP,  but this is the last HP Printer that I am going to buy.   I have had dozens of installation and diagnostic problems that can't be easily resolved and I am weary of their products.

HP Recommended

So I had a chat with support and they were unable to tell me what the engineering code was but they did confirm that it was a hardware issue which they couldn't fix.

Of course, my printer was 2 weeks over 1 year old so out of warrenty so couldn't even get a replacement.

HP Recommended

I called HP Support twice, the first time they suggested I update the firmware, but when I checked everything was up to date, and the printer would go to the Blue Screen 3 - 4 times a day.

2nd time with HP, they said my printer was out of warranty and the electronic board had problems, but they would kindly sell me another unit at a discounted price. I did not take this deal

i did a Factory Reset, it is a very simple procedure https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qemMnDDo-ro

i did the reset last week and it hasn't gone into Blue Screen yet

Thanks for Watching! Please Subscribe
HP Recommended

thats great for you....

I think, only the google cloud printer service is needed to reset or delete. Thats because google has deaktivated the cloud print service this year. In my case this was the solution. No factory reset necessary, all other settings are allright.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.