Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
hp7740
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP 7740 was set up with a fixed IP adress and connected through LAN on my router.

I had to change the rooter and now the network does not connect to the LAN. It keeps - obviously - the old IP adress and when I try to reset the network setting or the printer to factory default, it does not allow me.

It keeps on telling me that the printer has been locked by the person who installed it (that was me) and I need a login & pwd to change those settings.

Can you help me making the printer connecting to the LAN again with a dynamic IP?

(note also tried with WIFI and did not work)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@tquinet, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I have sent you a private message with a set of instructions to perform a reset. Kindly check the same, this might help you to resolve this issue. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@tquinet, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I have sent you a private message with a set of instructions to perform a reset. Kindly check the same, this might help you to resolve this issue. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

May thanks, Kumar!

HP Recommended

Very simply I own an HP7740 and it's some kind of secret HP method to do a hard reset when you cannot access the firmware control panel.  I sat in a chat for 30 minutes after asking a specific question regarding this and never got a response.  For the price of the toner cartridges and the number of pages I print every year, I'd think they be a bit more helpful.   Try and find a relative answer on the forum and you'll get a whole lot of owner manual instructions, which don't cover this.

The only question it answers for me is why HP has lost rankings in the global community year after year.

Guess I'll look at other brands!

HP Recommended

Hi @MISMCC,

I'd like to help!

• Could you brief me on the printer issue?
  • What is the error you receive on the printer front panel?

Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

Hello,

indeed, I got a reply from HP on how to solve my problem... but somehow was not posted live....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.