Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy 6052e
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just bought this printer today.  I can't get through the setup because the printer will not recognize the color setup cartridge.  I did purchase replacement cartridges.  The printer reads the replacement cartridge fine, but it will not let me proceed and continues telling me to insert the setup cartridge.  I have followed all the troubleshooting steps offered by HP but with no success.  Please tell me how to bypass this incredibly frustrating situation.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

What is a color setup cartridge? Your printer came with two ink cartridges. Are you saying you took those out and purchased two more to replace them. If so did you buy 2 new or two rebuilt cartridges? What steps did you take to set up the printer? What brand PC do you have. May I suggest you install HP Smart for future use or possibly resolving the problem you now have? Regarding the color cartridge that came with the machine. If it is not being recognized it could be the contacts have residual adhesive on them. Using a q tip and Isopropyl alcohol, clean the contacts, allow to evaporate thoroughly, and retry. You can't bypass the setup procedure you will have to be patient and perform a step at a time until the process is complete. Try my suggestions and then we will move on from there.

Dan E. Jones
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.