Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

The printer was working just fine, then all of a sudden I got a message that said error 6.  I had to unplug it and restart the printer.  Once I restarted it, it just started making this sound that sounded like it had been thrown down stairs. It sounds like a jam...a repeated sound.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Nisha8 

Welcome to HP Support Community. 

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you. 

I see that you are facing E6 issues.

An E5 or E6 error occurs when the scanner or printer is in an error state. 

Reset the printer.

With the printer on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.

Unplug the power cord from the power source.

Wait 60 seconds.

Reconnect the power cord to the printer, and then plug the power cord directly into a wall outlet.

Kindly refer to the steps on this link and let me know if that fixes the issue.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Treeko

HP Support

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.