Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 8600
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased some genuine HP ink cartridges online and discovered that they do not work in my printer due to region settings which I was not aware of.

After some investigation I now have to request HP to provide me with a code to re-regionalize my printer to accept the new ink cartridges.

HP please help

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Jim0031, Welcome to HP Support Community!

To be able to assist you better, I'd like to know the following-

• Did you move countries? Which country is the printer currently located in?
  • Is there any error message on the printer?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

No, I did not move countries.

I reside in Australia and I purchased genuine HP ink cartridges online, unaware of regional requirements.

when new cartridges were inserted a warning message appeared that the cartridges are incompatible.

after further research I discovered that the cartridges I bought online are z20 (for Europe)

in Australia they are meant to be z40 (for Asia Pacific)

So I can use these new cartridges, can you please give me the code setup to change the region to suit z20

I will also require the code to set it back to the region to suit z40 as in future I will only buy cartridges locally.

Thank you

HP Recommended

@Jim0031

Yes, we can help you with the reset to be able to use the European ink cartridges for time being. But you will have to reach us for help again when you'd want to replace the ink with Australian ink cartridges.

The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may brick the device. 

I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer. 

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.