Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 4729
Android 9.0 Pie

Hi folks, 

Please let me know where to get the Wifi Direct Password? I'm tired of printing many configuration information pages. It gives a WPS Pin but if I enter that, it's not accepted. It's says wrong password. Where else do I get it?

Please help me out. 

Thanks & Regards, 

Charles Aaron

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Charles72 ,

Welcome to the HP Support-Community.

Try "12345678" as password. 

Cheers!

Nils_K

Did you get a solution to your question? Please mark it as solved.

Did a post help you? Please click on the "thumbs up", to show this and actively help others.

I don't work on behalf of HP. | HP Expert program 

HP Recommended

It didn't work out for me. 

Thanks for your response... 

HP Recommended

Hi,

You need to print a network report. To do so:

HP inkjet printers without a control panel menu: Depending on your printer, either press the Wireless button and Information button at the same time, or press the Wireless button and Start Copy Black button at the same time.

You'll find the password on the report. 

Cheers!

Nils_K

Did you get a solution to your question? Please mark it as solved.

Did a post help you? Please click on the "thumbs up", to show this and actively help others.

I don't work on behalf of HP. | HP Expert program 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.