cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

How to fix 79 Service Error for my MFP M281cdw Color LaserJet

HP Recommended
Color LaserJet Pro MFP M281cdw
macOS 10.15 Catalina

77A6B490-08F2-4886-8D3D-9702065E1E3A.jpeg

I replaced the toner cartridges (genuine HP) because apparently there was some sneaky firmware update from HP that disabled non HP cartridges. Since then every time I try to print anything including the demo page I get a “79 service error - Turn off and then On”

Needless to say I have tried turning off and on and that didn’t help. Also looked for any new firmware update from the Services menu and none was available. 

My printer along with the brand new genuine HP cartridges seems to be toast. Help!

2 REPLIES 2
Level 12
Level 12
4,930 4,915 573 796
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes that worked. Turned off wireless, and then turned off IPv6 and restarted the printer. It worked like a charm.

Thank you so much!

And HP for god's sake.. this is so lame.. better QA pls.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation